Top 3 of Thranduil
unexpected rush of Thorin/Dwalin feelings because
- BEFORE THEY’RE EVEN ONSCREEN TOGETHER you’ve got Kili admiring Dwalin like an uncle basically (sh it’s totally true and obvious)
- and then he makes sure that Thorin gets soup and a whole plate of cookies. what else is love?
- THE BIT WITH THE TROLLS. LIKE. Dwalin leaps across the fire so he can be on the ground exactly half a second before Thorin steps on his back and leaps up, holy shit the coordination involved in that—like I don’t want to toss around words like “drift compatible” but drift compatible
- the fact that Dwalin is the one to say that Gandalf’s abandoned them because he shares every part of Thorin’s life including his paranoia and fear of betrayal
- muttering about elves grumble grumble grouchy old men
- Dwalin saves his life twice in this movie I hope everyone’s aware. against the first warg (team effort but it still counts) and then from falling off the mountain like Dwalin has GOT HIS BACK
- and then when Thorin faces Azog like. Dwalin legit screams his name and almost falls off the goddamn tree, he is TERRIFIED and yet:
- GUESS WHO ACTUALLY DEFENDS THORIN FROM THE GOBLINS? Bilbo (obligatory protagonist-does-something-heroic moment), Fili and Kili (closest family, protecting him is literally their main canon trait), and Dwalin. because he has to.
like seriously there is no force in the world that could prevent me from thinking that Dwalin is in love with Thorin. none. nada. absolutely nothing. and it’s painful and it hurts like a motherfucker, but it’s the truth and Richard Armitage [basically] ships it, that’s my story and I’m sticking to it.
marsiesinclair prompted me Assassin’s Creed AU
there are few things I love more than the first three AC games, so have some Assassin Dwalin and Thorin~
bittersuites suggested me stuff involving profiteroles but it wasn’t coming along very well, so it became an ice cream… sexiest way to fight the hot summer
and get a brain freeze!
Tolkein: “Do you think it’s clear that Legolas and Gimli have the best friendship ever?”
"Hm. Maybe not. Better mention it for the 7000th time."
WHERE THE HELL ARE THE WOMEN IN THIS FAMILY TREE?!?!
Fun fact: there is only 1 named woman in the whole of dwarfdom: Dis, mother of Fili and Kili, sister to Thorin. Like, Tolkein expressly writes “there is only one woman whose name is known to history and that’s Dis.”
played around with the idea of an AU where the heirs of Durin don’t drop dead and ruin my life. Fili is crowned king after Thorin, everyone’s happy and no one walks out the cinema in tears ◡‿◡✿
This is stunning!!
Oh—you wouldn’t date a girl who’s ever been a stripper?
In that case, I wouldn’t date a guy who’s ever been to a strip club.
Oh—you wouldn’t date a girl who’s ever done porn?
In that case, I wouldn’t date a guy who’s ever watched porn.
You’re the reason we exist.
You’re the demand to our supply.
If you disdain sex workers, don’t you dare consume our labor.
As they say in the industry, “People jack off with the left hand and point with the right.”
i wrote a song about a tortilla
actually its more of a wrap
'The Hobbit' alternative universe - The Golden King
Fíli the King under the Mountain rebuilds together with his brother Kíli the reclaimed Lonely Mountain. He rules fair and good over Erebor and Thorin’s Gate in the West and defends it successfully against all enemies. For the next sixty years Durin’s Line lives in peace and wealth. This time will be known as the years of the Golden King.
"The Days of the King"
inspired by this gifset
Page 1 of 2722