I’ve stopped being sorry for all my soft. I won’t apologise because I miss you, or because I said it, or because I text you first, or again. I think everyone spends too much time trying to close themselves off. I don’t want to be cool or indifferent, I want to be honest. If I love you at 5AM, I’d damn well rather that you know I felt it. If I love you two hours later, I’ll tell you then too. Listen, I won’t wait double the time it takes for you to text me back because I don’t want to. I don’t care enough to be patient with you. I’m happy, you made me feel that way, don’t you want to know? So that’s how it’s going to be. I’m going to leave myself as open as a church door. And I’m going to wake you up before the crack of dawn to tell you that I’m fucking joyful, no pretending, not from me, not ever. Would you like some coffee, would you please kiss me? Here, these are my hands, this is my mouth, it is all yours.
"I’m with you ‘til the end of the line"
Ideally the plot of Captain America 3 will go something like this:
- Steve and Sam find Bucky and fix his memories within the first 20 heartfelt minutes
- Bucky moves in with Steve (for bonus points Steve will tell Bucky all he has to do is shine his shoes and Bucky will laugh and I will drown in my own tears)
- Steve teaches Bucky how to 21st Century and hilarity ensues
- Also they get a puppy and name it like Freedom or Liberty or Patriot because Steeeeve
- At some point Natasha and Clint come over (“Clint wanted to see the fossil exhibit”) and end up braiding Bucky’s hair
- Also Tony and Bruce come over to study Bucky’s arm and Bruce tries to be serious and do science but Tony just ends up seeing if he can stick magnets to it (he can)
- Then Steve and Bucky will go back to the Captain America exhibit and some kids recognize both of them and call them heroes and have them sign autographs for them and Bucky almost cries because he’s so happy to be known as a hero and not a terrorist
I don’t know if I should cry or cry
have you tried crying
a friendly reminder:
don’t hang out with people that make you feel bad about yourself
At the end of the day, we can endure much more than we think we can.
When life is sweet, say thank you and celebrate. And when life is bitter, say thank you and grow.
I would argue that caring for your body in traditional ways- like eating a healthy diet, exercising, and taking your vitamins- may be the least important part of your health. (I know! Radical idea coming from a doctor!)
This may sound shocking to you. After all, you’ve probably watched many other doctors get on television to tell you that your health is all about using food as medicine, getting enough exercise, and avoiding bad habits. I’m not suggesting that those aren’t great health-inducing behaviors. What I’m saying is that it doesn’t matter how great your diet is if your body is flooded with stress hormones! No amount of kale is going to counterbalance the toxic effects of high levels of cortisol and epinephrine on your body.
So what’s the most important part of your health? The nature of your thoughts, beliefs, and feelings. When your thoughts, beliefs, and feelings are positive, relaxation responses are activated, healing hormones like oxytocin, dopamine, nitric oxide, and endorphins are released, and the body’s natural self-repair mechanisms are activated, allowing the body to do what it does best-heal itself.
- Lissa Rankin, M.D
Page 1 of 2817